by Maddy Booker and Mailani McKelvy
Don’t have Valentine’s day plans? Here is a collection of some awesome movies to watch if you want an alternative to a cheesy rom-com.
- Avenger’s: Infinity War: What better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day than by watching all of your favorite Avengers characters come together for 3 hours. How could this movie possibly go wrong? You’d be surprised.
- Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls: Nothing is funnier than Jim Carrey’s unique facial expressions as he desperately tries to discover an animal that doesn’t exist. Similarly, nothing is more scarring than Jim Carrey being birthed from a rhino.
- Star Wars: “I love you.” “I know.” This movie truly contains all of the romance you need to have an out of this world Valentine’s Day. Who needs a big teddy bear when you have Chewbacca?
- Wonder Woman: For all who love a good action movie, we highly suggest the movie Wonder Woman. With a strong female lead and amazing fight scenes, this movie is definitely a great way to spend your evening.
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail: For those who want a good laugh, we recommend the oh-so-eloquent humor of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. It is always a great time for some awesome British humor!
- Lord of the Rings: What better way to spend 4 hours of your life that getting engulfed in a fantastic adventure?
- The Fault in Our Stars: This movie is definitely not one looking for a light plot, but sometimes you just need a good cry. Be prepared for an emotional ride. Okay? Okay.
- Incredibles (and Incredibles 2): See movie title for description of movie.
- Shrek: This movie encapsulates the most romantic story ever told. Two big, green, gross monsters beat the odds and find love in a kingdom ruled by a tiny man whose primary goal is to stand in their way.
- Mean Girls: On Wednesdays, we wear pink! And on Thursdays, we wear pink again because it’s Valentine’s Day.